So you think it might be time to part with your LBI shore property. We recognize this is not only a financial decision but often a very emotional decision as well. Your property is probably one of the largest assets you have and you want to be sure you find the right real estate agency to effectively and successfully market your property, and make the process as hassle free for you as possible.
The following are some general areas of concentration where we believe a Realtor must have expertise in order to accomplish these goals:
- Gather all relevant information about your property and competitive properties
- Price the property in accordance with current & future market conditions
- Market the property for the maximum exposure to the correct audiences
- Locate Buyers from all available sources
- Pre-approve the Prospective Buyer
- Write the Contract of Sale and/or Negotiate the Contract
- Troubleshoot/Close the transaction
Each home is unique and each owner’s motivation differs. A good agent makes sure to tailor the Marketing Plan for the property so that it meets, and hopefully exceeds, each owner’s needs and wants. Below is the general advertising and marketing plan that Sand Dollar offers. We then personalize our plan to meet your specific expectations and situation.
The Real Estate Professional is always number one and rightly so. And we don’t mean your listing agent, we mean the ‘other guy’ who didn’t get your listing. When you list a property, you want the exposure of the local Multiple Listing Service and hundreds of Realtors working for you, not just your listing agent or just their office. Your listing agent should be the ‘quarterback’ of the team, and that team should be the entire real estate community. Therefore, it is important that your property is not ’pocketed’ by the listing agent or their company, but put quickly into the MLS System as well as other internet sites. You must be sure your agent and their company is known as a co-operating agency — one that actually welcomes other Realtors to show their listings and does everything they can to educate ‘outside’ Realtors to the attributes of your property. This is an advantage we, at Sand Dollar Real Estate, recognized many years back and have always encouraged and helped the ‘other guy’ to show and sell our listings.
PRINT ADVERTISING – At one time, print advertising was the main focus for promoting a property. Today, many of our buyers first search on the Internet to find homes and Realtors. However, we have found that there still remains local, and certain out of area publications that do generate good results. Our buyers are usually here for only a week or two during the summer while on vacation and ‘home’ the rest of the year. We need to reach them while here and when they go back ‘home’ and we know we need to reach the more upscale buyer.
(This is by no means a complete list, but rather a sampling of the more important and unique publications for gaining the most exposure for your property.)
- The Sandpaper Newspaper (local weekly free newspaper)
- The SandCastles Magazine (the ‘go to’ for most serious LBI buyers) We generally take from 5 to 8 pages in a dedicated forward position in the magazine and make our ads in color.
- Annual Manual The local phone book chock full of local information and distributed to every household on LBI and throughout LBI.
- Oasis Magazine a high end, high gloss magazine, distributed locally on LBI, mailed to all current homeowner’s with an assessed value over $1M and out of the area (see below for more info on distribution). We reserve the premium position of inside front cover plus the adjoining 3rd page.
- Oasis – high end magazine mentioned above distributed throughout the Philadelphia area. Also has a comprehensive web site featuring our homes and the magazine is in electronic version as well.
- New Jersey Network Publishing Network – special edition called ‘Suntastic Summer’ includes: The 4 Somerset County and 3 Middlesex County Newspapers, Suburban News, Cranford Chronicle, Record Press, Independent Press, Hunterdon County Democrat, Delaware Valley News.
- Homes & Land – WATERFRONT PROPERTIES SECTION – distributed in the following counties: Ocean, Monmouth, 15 commuter hot spots in Northern New Jersey. Also direct mailed to Staten Island, NY, plus Bergen and Morris Counties, NJ. Listings also get exported to their luxury partners: Wall Street Journal at WSJ.com and duPontREGISTRY.com. Higher end listings are exported to WSJ International, Washington Post, Robb Report and MansionGlobal.com.
National (for high end properties)
- Unique Homes magazine, the premier magazine of the luxury real estate marketplace, with qualified distribution to the local market, all 50 states and more than 80 countries globally. We have advertised in the special Waterfront section along with being designated a Mega Broker for the Northeast.
Even on your potential buyer’s iphone or ipad
Sand Dollar Real Estate has developed an app (available for download from the Iphone store) called LBI Real Estate so potential buyers can search the MLS and see our listings.
Recent Facts about the Internet: According to the National Association of Realtors, over 92% of home buyers used the Internet in their search for a home, up from 41% in 2001.
You will find us fully represented at:
- Realtor.com The national realtor’s site and one of the most accessed real estate site in the US. We have purchased advanced enhancements to make our listings stand out.
- Jerseyshoremls.com– Our local Multiple Listing Service. We have a full information page on your home with virtual tour.
- Zillow.com– Zillow offers: Monthly Unique Users – 55 Million Unique Visitors.
- Trulia.com- We have purchased the Trulia Pro package which gives priority to our listings. We have also purchased the rights for 08008 for all desk top and mobile inquiries, We also have the ability to ‘spotlight’ one of our listings. Trulia offers: Monthly Unique Visitors – 22M
- Homeaway.com – One of the fastest growing web sites. All our rental listings are posted here as well.
- UniqueGlobalEstates.com – The world’s largest showcase exclusively for multimillion dollar estates. All high end listings are posted on this site.
- Real Estate Shows – Our Virtual Tour site allows us to post all our Virtual Tour/Flyers on Homes.com, Google base, Oodle, Vast, Hotpads, Geebo, Dothomes
- And let’s not forget, right here, at the very well advertised LBIrealestateNews.com where everyone of our listings is displayed on our ‘Featured Home’ page. Each of our listings has a Virtual Tour/Flyer link and a unique address that is carried in all print advertising.
Below are just a few of the ways we attract potential buyers to your property through our web site.
Many potential buyers are taking advantage of our exclusive Early Buyer’s Alert program. This program gives us continuous access to buyers who have given us their buying parameters and their time frame for a purchase on LBI. When we list a property that fits an Early Buyer’s Alert request, we email the buyer(s) a link to that property’s information. They are also put on an automatic update from our local Multiple Listing Service that match their desired buying parameters. This keeps us front and foremost in their decision process of purchasing on LBI. Our ‘This Week on LBI’ keeps our buyers coming back time after time to find out what has just ‘been listed’ and ‘sold’ each week, as well as headline news from LBI. The latest market statistics and real estate newsworthy information is constantly being updated for the potential LBI purchaser.
A successful funneling effect is occurring from our various programs and internet exposure. We also know that the highest usage of our site is after 5pm until the wee hours of the morning. Other offices may be closed, but we aren’t.
Web Stats for LBIrealestateNews.com
Our web site is currently one of our best lead generators for both buyer and seller. We have been highly recognized on the Google/Yahoo search engine.
Months and Years
At Sand Dollar Real Estate, there is no doubt in our minds, that a web presence is the most important marketing tool a real estate firm will have to offer its customers and clients today — and most certainly tomorrow. It can not, however, just be a presence. By that, we mean, a static site of a few pages that rarely if ever change from the day it was created. If it is, people will not return or recommend it to others. Our site changes weekly with the latest information about LBI. What does this mean to you? No one on LBI has dedicated their resources like Sand Dollar Real Estate to developing such innovative marketing programs and have sought our the best internet sites to make sure our properties get all the exposure they can.
Sand Dollar is putting tremendous resources into the Internet. Real estate is a business of people and a business of networks. Contact with people creates opportunity and the Internet allows us to reach more people more effectively than ever before.
We are by choice a “boutique” company, which allows us to bring to you the highest level of personal service and commitment. Couple that with creativity in our marketing programs and expertise in the LBI real estate market and its easy to see why we are so successful.
Click here for a copy of our Fast Start Program,
it describes exactly what we do during those first critical weeks of a new listing.