For Selling Your LBI Home
Let me share with you a little bit about how I can effectively and successfully market your property…
and make the process as hassle free as possible.
This is not only a financial decision but often a very emotional one as well. Your LBI property is probably one of the largest assets you have and holds many fond memories for you. The parting is often a ‘sweet sorrow’ and you want to be sure you find the right real estate agent that can work with you at the level you expect and understand the emotions you are feeling.
It is important that your agent can get you through from the initial marketing to the closing table with as much ease as possible and with an understanding of your needs and desires. I will do that for you.
Following are general areas of concentration where your Realtor must have expertise.
- Gather all relevant information about your property and competitive properties
- Price the property in accordance with current & future market conditions
- Market the property for the maximum exposure to the correct audience
- Locate Buyers from all available sources
- Obtain a Pre-approval on the Prospective Buyer
- Review the Contract of Sale and Negotiate the Contract
- Follow thru to the closing of the transaction
Each home is unique and each owner’s motivation differs. A good agent makes sure to tailor the Advertising/Marketing Plan for the property so that it meets, and hopefully exceeds, each owner’s needs and wants. A good agent will also pay attention to the latest stats on where buyers begin their search for a home and what sources they use most. Your agent needs to be sure that your home is represented appropriately to gain the most exposure.
THE INTERNET- According to the National Association of Realtors, the internet is the main source of information for home buyers, especially in the beginning of their search.
You will find Sand Dollar Real Estate fully represented at:
- Zillow.com – One of the most used search sites. I am a Zillow Premier Agent and have also purchased leads for zip code 08008 as well as being able to feature your property.
- Realtor.com The national Realtor’s site and is another well used real estate website in the US.
- Brightmls.com– Our local Multiple Listing Service. We have a full information page on your home with virtual tour.
- Monmouth MLS – This MLS covers more territory/real estate agents to our North Coastal Area.
- LuxuryRealEstate.com – The world’s largest showcase exclusively for upper tier property homes. I was selected to join of Who’s Who in Luxury Real Estate and all her listings are posted to this international website.
- Real Estate Shows – Our Virtual Tour site allows us to post all our Virtual Tour/Flyers on Homes.com, Google base, Oodle, Vast, Hotpads, Geebo, Dothomes
- And let’s not forget, right here, at the very well-advertised LBIrealestateNews.com where every one of our listings is displayed on our ‘Featured Home’ page. Each of our listings has a Virtual Tour/Flyer link and a unique address that is carried in all print advertising. Also, for our more upscale homes we have: LBILuxuryBeachHomes.com, this site showcases and details the Luxury Beach Life on LBI with your home featured in our Beach Collection page.
The Real Estate Professional is right at the top too for buyers seeking real estate information and rightly so. And we don’t mean your listing agent, we mean the ‘other guy’ who didn’t get your listing. When you list a property, you want the exposure of the local Multiple Listing Service and hundreds of Realtors working for you, not just your listing agent or just their office. Your listing agent should be the ‘quarterback’ of the team, and that team should be the entire real estate community. Therefore, it is important that your property is not ’pocketed’ by the listing agent or their company, but put quickly into the MLS System as well as other internet sites. You must be sure your agent and their company is known as a co-operating agency — one that actually welcomes other Realtors to show their listings and does everything they can to educate ‘outside’ Realtors to the attributes of your property. This is an advantage we, at Sand Dollar Real Estate, recognized many years back and have always encouraged and helped the ‘other guy’ to show and sell our listings.
PRINT ADVERTISING – At one time, print advertising was the main focus for promoting a property. Today, many of our buyers first search on the Internet to find homes and Realtors. However, we have found that there still remains local, and certain out of area, publications that do generate results. Our buyers are usually here for only a week or two during the summer while on vacation and ‘home’ the rest of the year. We need to reach them while here and when they go back ‘home’ and we know we need to reach the more upscale buyer.
(This is by no means a complete list, but rather a sampling of the more important and unique publications for gaining the most exposure for your property.)
- The Sandpaper Newspaper (local weekly free newspaper)
- The SandCastles Magazine (the ‘go to’ for most serious LBI buyers) We generally take several pages in a dedicated forward position in the magazine and all ads are in color.
- Oasis Magazine a high end, high gloss magazine, distributed locally on LBI, mailed to all current homeowner’s with an assessed value over $1M and out of the area (see below for more info on distribution). We reserve the premium position of inside front cover plus the adjoining 3rd page.
- Oasis – high end magazine mentioned above distributed throughout the Philadelphia area. Also has a comprehensive web site featuring our homes and the magazine is in electronic version as well.
- New Jersey Network Publishing Network – special edition called ‘Suntastic Summer’ includes: The 4 Somerset County and 3 Middlesex County Newspapers, Suburban News, Cranford Chronicle, Record Press, Independent Press, Hunterdon County Democrat, Delaware Valley News.
- Homes and Land – WATERFRONT PROPERTIES SECTION – distributed in the following counties: Ocean, Monmouth, 15 commuter hot spots in Northern New Jersey. Also direct mailed to Staten Island, NY, plus Bergen and Morris Counties, NJ. Listings also get exported to their luxury partners: Wall Street Journal at WSJ.com and duPontREGISTRY.com. Higher end listings are exported to WSJ International, Washington Post, Robb Report and MansionGlobal.com.
Below are just a few of the ways Sand Dollar Real Estate and I attract potential buyers to your property
Many potential buyers are taking advantage of our exclusive Early Buyer’s Alert program. This program gives us continuous access to buyers who have given us their buying parameters and their time frame for a purchase on LBI. When we list a property that fits an Early Buyer’s Alert request, we email the buyer(s) a link to that property’s information. They are also put on an automatic update from our local Multiple Listing Service that match their desired buying parameters. This keeps us front and foremost in their decision process of purchasing on LBI. Our ‘This Week on LBI’ keeps our buyers coming back time after time to find out what has just ‘been listed’ and ‘sold’ each week, as well as headline news from LBI. The latest market statistics and real estate newsworthy information is constantly being updated for the potential LBI purchaser.
A successful funneling effect is occurring from our various programs and internet exposure. We also know that the highest usage of our site is after 5pm until the wee hours of the morning. Other offices may be closed, but we aren’t.
Our web site is currently one of our best lead generators for both buyer and seller.
We have been highly recognized on the Google/Yahoo search engine.
What does this mean to you?
No one on LBI has dedicated their resources like Sand Dollar Real Estate to developing such innovative marketing programs and have sought out the best internet sites to make sure our properties get all the exposure they can. Real Estate is a business of people and a business of networks. Contact with people creates opportunity and the internet allows us to reach more people more effectively than ever before.
A web presence is the most important marketing tool a real estate firm will have to offer its customers and clients today — and most certainly tomorrow. It cannot, however, just be a presence nor can it be a static site of a few pages that rarely, if ever change from the day it was created. If it is, people will not return or recommend it to others.
Our site changes weekly with the latest information about LBI.
Sand Dollar Real Estate is by choice a “high technology boutique” company, which allows us to bring to you the highest level of personal service and commitment. Couple that with creativity in our marketing programs and expertise in the LBI real estate market and it’s easy to see why we are so successful.
If you would like a bit more information on the
‘6 Components to a Successful Sale’ Click here.
With my over 35 years or experience you will see that I also have many happy and thankful clients and customers.
For my Personal Brochure and Recommendations Click here
I would welcome the opportunity to sit down with you and discuss how I can effectively and successfully market your property. Please give me a call today at 609-290-5360, email me at PatonLBI@gmail.com or use the form below if you have a question.
GRI, RSPS, ePro designations
Direct 609-290-5360 Email: PatonLBI@gmail.com
Maybe not ready to list yet and are just curious about current LBI market conditions or would like to get an idea of the value of your LBI home? That’s fine, I can offer you two great programs that are unique to Sand Dollar Real Estate.
Just click on the title of the program for more details and/or to sign up.
LBI Neighborhood Tracker – This is a great way to keep track of what is happening in your LBI Neighborhood. Notifications are sent via email with a link to your personal ‘virtual listing cart’ for any new listings, price changes and sold properties, as they happen. This link is from our local MLS and is more timely and accurate than any other real estate portal site.
Online Market Evaluation – Fill out a short form about your LBI property and you will be sent an email report of information about the LBI sales market along with detailed analysis of comparable properties to your property. You will also be given a price range of value with explanation. This is not a Zestimate, it is a personalized and researched report.